Work smarter not harder.
Our programs are designed for students to learn English quickly and enjoyably while offering the best value possible for your money. Please contact the school anytime for more information or to book a one-day free trial lesson.
Intensive English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Intensive English as a Secondary Language Tuition Fees Include
Full-Time (25 hours/week - 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday)
$200 per week (1-11 weeks)
$187.50 per week (12-23 weeks)
$175 per week (24+ weeks)
Part-Time (15 hours/week - 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Monday to Friday)
$120 per week (1-11 weeks)
$112.50 per week (12-23 weeks)
$105 per week (24+ weeks)
Part-Time (10 hours/week - 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday)
$80 per week (1-11 weeks)
$75 per week (12-23 weeks)
$70 per week (24+ weeks)
- various language terms introduced
Listening and Fluency
- Speaking and listening skills practiced.
- Pronunciation and intonation practiced.
- language structure and use.
- Includes current idioms, vocabulary and slang
TOEFL / TOEC / IELTS
- Increase test scores
- business and cultural language.
- All study materials and textbooks.
- School social events with staff and various school trips (museums, tv
stations, art galleries, parks, etc.).
- Optional Volunteer Opportunities - a great way to improve one’s English
and make Canadian friends.
- Certificate if applicable.
New E-Learning Through Discord
To aid students during the pandemic, our Online classes are now open from 8:00AM to 12:00PM, Monday to Friday.
One-day free trial also apply for any students that are interesting in the online class.
Please contact the school for more information.
This program focuses on improving your English communication skills. We focus on English conversation but pronunciation, vocabulary, listening, reading, writing and grammar skills, idioms, and modern slang are also taught. Our teachers use a wide variety of teaching methods and a multi-media approach to help you master English. All levels of English are welcome.
"Other Fees" may apply.
Enjoy private tutoring sessions after your English studies. Study English part-time or full-time and then meet with a qualified instructor privately after school to complete your program.
English as a Secondary Language Certificate Programs
$800 each 25 private lessons we offer a variety of inexpensive after-school tutoring program that give students the chance to maximize their time here in Canada. Available Certificates:
Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
$1,250 each 25 private lessons we offer:
TESOL Certificate program is for people who want a career in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) in their home country or overseas. The program is for native and non-native English speakers with little or no experience teaching languages. All aspiring teachers are welcome.
The course will provide you with practical training to get the most out of your classes and your students. Your English will improve greatly with extra homework & private speaking time with a Certifies Teacher. Complete effective and challenging teaching assignments and projects.
Study English part-time or full-time and then meet with a qualifies Teacher privately after school to complete your TESOL Certificate.
The program contains 18 units of study plus a minimum of 2 practice teaching sessions – students can have more than 2 practice teaching sessions. Students can study everyday or make a schedule that best suits their needs.
Tuition Fees Include
25 Private Lessons
Tuition Fees Include
$200 Application Fee (Apply for every new Student) - includes all documents required to apply for student visa / Study Permit / Visitor Visa. *Does not include courier service* *Non-Refundable*
$150 Accommodations Setup (optional)
$100 Airport Pickup – One way (optional)
$100 Courier Fee (optional)
$800 to $950 Homestay Fee (per month – optional)
$600 to $650 Room stay or Apartment Fee (per month – optional)
Toronto-Dominion Bank Canada Trust (TD Bank)
100 King Street West,
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8P 4W9
Account Name: Metropolitan Academy
Address: 146 James Street South, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8P 3A2
Transit number: 25122 Institution Number: 004
Account Number: 5299383 Swift Code: TDOMCATTTOR
- All fees are 100% refundable except for Application Fee, Accommodations Setup Fee, Airport Pickup and Health Insurance
- No refunds of fees if you have received a Student Visa / Study Permit / Visitor Visa using school documentation.
- Click here for full REFUND POLICY
Student Health Insurance
- Health insurance is very important and highly recommended. The government of Canada strongly suggests all visiting students have comprehensive health insurance. Using a hospital or seeing a doctor is very expensive in Canada. You are welcome to compare prices for health insurance but the school does offer health insurance.
- $2.00/day Health Insurance (optional)
- Click here for full INSURANCE BROCHURE / INSURANCE POLICY